Thursday, January 13, 2011

Lemon Bars


For Christmas, we flew back to Georgia in order to be with our families. I love going home and being able to see our family and catch up on everything. We only make it back to Georgia about twice each year so we try to fit in as much time with family as we can. This means, we eat a ton! We saw a lot of people while we were home but that also meant we ate a lot of food. I didn't mind too much, especially since every woman in my family is pretty much an awesome cook. Well, my grandma isn't exactly a fan of cooking but she makes her own wine which is pretty tasty! My uncles girlfriend, Abby, is no exception. She always brings the most delicious baked goods to our get-togethers and they never disappoint.

For our Christmas Eve dinner, we always get together and have lots of appetizers and a lot of desserts. This year, Abby brought decorated sugar cookies, peanut butter blossoms, and these delicious lemon bars. I'm personally not a lemon kind of person but my husband loved them! I saw him consume at least 5 and I know he most likely had more. Neil has been begging me to make these ever since we got back to California.

I messaged Abby for the recipe and was surprised when she let me know they were actually from a box! Neil assures me they tasted completely homemade and were definitely blog-worthy. One of the best things about boxed desserts is that you don't have to spend a lot of time putting these together. Around the holidays this is a bonus. With all the desserts Abby brought, especially the decorated sugar cookies which take forever, these most certainly made her baking easier. By arranging them on a cute platter and adding a little dusting of powdered sugar, Abby made a delicious dessert!

Box of Lemon Bars from Krustaeaz
1/3 cup water
3 eggs
powdered sugar, optional

Preheat your oven to 350ยบ and spray an 8 inch pan with cooking spray. Mix the water and eggs and stir in the filling. Let the filling sit while you work on the crust. Pour the bag of crust into an 8 inch pan and press into the bottom and slightly up the edges. Bake the crust for 8 minutes. Add the filling on top of the baked crust and bake for 22 minutes. Allow the lemon bars to cool completely before cutting. Cut into squares, plate, and sprinkle powdered sugar on top. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment