Sunday, January 16, 2011

Deep Dish Brownies

I have made so many sweets in the past week and a half. Even though I usually send about 2/3 of the with my hubby to work I still feel like I've gained a pound or two. I have no idea how the ladies who have pure baking blogs and post every day do it. I think I might have to swear off sweets for awhile.

These brownies were the first thing I made with my new KitchenAid mixer. Check out this baby in action...
She's amazing! The recipe comes from Hershey's so you know it has to be good. They were deliciously chocolatey and perfect for my chocolate cravings!

3/4 cup butter or margarine melted
1.5 cups sugar
1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 eggs
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup Hershey's cocoa
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Heat oven to 350ยบ. Grease 8 inch square baking pan. Combine butter, sugar, and vanilla in bowl. Add eggs and beat well. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Gradually add to egg mixture and beat until well blended. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan. bake 40-45 minutes. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. Enjoy!

PS-Be on the lookout for a giveaway coming within the next few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment