Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Buffalo Chicken Tenders

We love Buffalo Wild Wings but the nearest one is a good 30-40 minutes away depending on traffic. So if we get the craving for BDubs, we make do with homemade. I don't offer the array of choices that BDubs does but I have to say my buffalo chicken fingers are pretty darn good. I don't make them too often because there is a bit of prep but hubby loves when I do. I found this recipe a while back over at Stephanie Cooks and we love it! I recently made both these and her buffalo shrimp, which I'll be posting soon.

1 package of chicken tenders (or 4 thin chicken breasts sliced in half vertically)
1 cup bisquick
1/2 cup panko
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
smidge of garlic powder
smidge of paprika
Salt and Pepper to taste
1-2 eggs, beaten
Franks Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce, or any wing sauce you prefer

Preheat the oven to 450ยบ. In a ziplock bag, add bisquick, panko, parmesan cheese, and seasonings. Shake up to mix thoroughly. Dip the chicken tenders into the egg, then into the bisquick mixture. Shake to thoroughly coat.

Lay the chicken tenders in an even layer on a cookie sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake for 7-8 minutes then flip and bake for an additional 7-8 minutes.

Place the tenders in a large bowl, douse with wing sauce, and toss until evenly coated. Return to the baking sheet and bake for an additional 3 minutes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment