Saturday, March 3, 2012

Maple Rosemary Glazed Pork Chops


Here is the second part of the meal I told you about on Thursday.

I used to never eat pork chops. My mom would make them for dinner and I would have something else, like Ramen. Even in high school. I'm not sure why now since I usually love the taste whenever I make them. I think it may have been a texture thing, or just an extension of when I was a vegetarian. Either way, I was missing out.

The maple and rosemary combination is always good. And it didn't disappoint when I used it on pork chops.

Maple Rosemary Glazed Pork

1/3 cup pure maple syrup
1 tsp dried rosemary
4 thick sliced pork chops or pork loin
3/4 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
2 tsp vegetable oil

Preheat oven to 325ยบ. Season both sides of each pork chop/pork loin slice.

Heat the oil in a skillet over medium high heat; when it begins to smoke, add the pork. Sear on both sides until well-browned, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer the seared pork onto a baking sheet and set aside.

Drain the fat from the skillet. Add maple syrup and rosemary. Cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds to a minute. Place the pork back into the skillet to coat with the glaze and then back onto the baking sheet.

Place the baking sheet into the preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes. Allow the pork to rest for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment