Saturday, March 24, 2012

Caprese Chicken


I've been on such a Caprese kick recently. It makes me think of summer and warm weather and it makes me want summer to be here as fast as possible. After the caprese pasta I made the other week, the hubs suggested I try it out with chicken.

We didn't have any fresh basil on hand; ours always goes bad really quickly. But I suggest adding a leaf at the end to bring out the basil flavor even more!

Caprese Chicken
Source: Tyler's Taste Test Original

4 chicken breasts
1.5 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp dried basil
salt and pepper
1.5 tbsp garlic powder
1 jar sun dried tomatoes (4)
4 slices mozzarella cheese
4 basil leaves

Season chicken with dried basil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Place chicken in skillet and cook until chicken is cooked through, about 5-7 minutes per side.

Top chicken with mozzarella and cover the skillet with a lid. Once the cheese is melted, top with sun dried tomatoes and fresh basil. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment