Sunday, November 20, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011 Menu


We actually celebrated Thanksgiving a little early, on last Friday. My friend Whitney was going out of town for the actual holiday and asked me to help her cook her first homemade Thanksgiving meal. We started shopping at 12:30 on Friday and didn't finish cooking until 6:45. It was a long day but well worth all the time we spent cooking. Below is our menu for 12. I'll post actual recipes later this week.

Our plans for Thanksgiving day are still undecided. We were originally planning on going to Arches National Park and having an untraditional Thanksgiving meal around the campfire but we decided to put that on hold for now. I can't imagine cooking another large meal but I'm sure I'll give in and do it!

Appetizers
Pigs in a Blanket

Dinner
Turkey
Maple Glazed Roasted Carrots
Green Bean Casserole
Corn
Mashed Potatoes
Stuffing
Biscuits with Pumpkin Butter
Cranberry Sauce
Deviled Eggs

Dessert
Pumpkin Pie
Cake

No comments:

Post a Comment