Monday, November 21, 2011

Crock Pot Baked Apples


I love Pinterest. It's an addicting kind of love but I like it. One of my favorite things to pin is food. I love looking at all the pictures and getting inspiration. When I saw these, I was reminded of the cinnamon baked apples they used to serve in elementary school lunches.

These were the perfect fall dessert to follow our pumpkin meal. They were easy to prepare and they made the apartment smell delicious while they were baking.


Crock Pot Baked Apple
Source: Skinny Chef

1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
2 tbsp trans-fat free magarine
1 tsp cinnamon
6 Gala or Macintosh apples, cored
1/2 cup apple juice or apple cider
2 tbsp prange liquor, optional

Preheat a large crock-pot on high heat and preset it for 3 hours. In a large bowl, mix brown sugar, walnuts, margarine, and cinnamon. Fill the apples with the filling and place them in the crock-pot. Pour in the apple juice or cider and the liquor, if using. Cover and cook 2.5-3 hours on high heat until the apples are soft and begin to collapse. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment