Thursday, June 23, 2011

Skillet Bruschetta Chicken

I love bruschetta. Absolutely love it. It just tastes so fresh and summery. Plus, I usually always have all the ingredients in my fridge to make it. Except for the basil. I've tried multiple times to keep a basil plant alive and I've failed each and every time. We usually have something with basil once a week and I always end up killing my basil plant or keeping the store bought leaves in the fridge until they wilt.

The hubs is kind of sick of spending money each week to buy more basil so he has convinced me to have all the meals with basil in one week. So, since I love bruschetta, I have two recipes for bruschetta chicken for you this week! This recipe is from The Milkman's Wife.

Skillet Chicken Bruschetta

4 thin-cut chicken breasts
1/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp dried parsley
salt & pepper
2 ripe tomatoes, chopped
half a medium onion, chopped
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter
1-1.5 tbsp balsamic vinegar
parmesan cheese and fresh basil, for garnish

Mix flour, basil, oregano, parsley, salt and pepper in a shallow dish. Dredge chicken in the flour and shake off excess. Set aside.

Heat olive oil in a large skillet, add onions and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another minute. Add chopped tomato and balsamic vinegar, cooking until vinegar is reduced and tomatoes are softened, about 5 more minutes. Remove mixture from skillet and set aside. Cove with foil to keep warm.

Melt butter in the same skillet. Add the chicken and cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 5 minutes on each side. Transfer chicken to serving plater. Spoon sauce mixture over the chicken, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and basil. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment