Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Spicy Chicken Enchiladas

This is one of the deleted posts so sorry, no picture.

Whenever I make dishes involving chipotle peppers, I usually try to include 2 recipes that need them on my meal list. I can't handle a lot of spice and even though this is smokey spicy, I still only use a few and we always have at least a half a can left over. When I put the Spicy Chipotle Shredded Beef on the menu this week, I had a hard time finding another recipe using chipotle peppers. I found this one on Pineapple Grass and decided to add it to our menu!

It was delicious and the filling made a ton. A nice twist to your usual enchilada filling and sauce!

3 large tortillas (we had lots of filling leftover so I suggest having more on hand just in case)
1.5 cups cooked rice (we used brown rice, but yellow or white would be fine)
1 cup cooked, shredded chicken
1 chipotle chile
2 tbsp adobo sauce, from can
3/4 cup salsa
1/4 cup sour cream
1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese (reserve 1/4 cup)

Preheat oven to 350ยบ. In a small bowl, combine chopped chile, adobo sauce, and salsa. In a large bowl, combine rice, chicken, sour cream and 3/4 cup shredded cheese. Add half of the salsa mixture to the chicken mixture. Divide evenly between the three tortillas and roll up. Place seam-side down in an 8x8 baking dish.

Top enchiladas with remaining salsa mixture and 1/4 cup shredded cheese. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until cheese is hot and bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment