Thursday, September 16, 2010

Lemon Spaghetti

This was a delicious, refreshing, light, pasta recipe. We had nothing planned for dinner tonight and I did not want to give in to the frozen pizza sitting in the freezer waiting for nights like this. So I searched through our pantry and came up with this recipe. The lemon sauce was a nice break from our usual heavy meat sauces and the basil complemented it perfectly!

1 lb spaghetti
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (the hubby thought it needed more but I thought it was enough)
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves

Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water. Meanwhile, mix the oil, lemon juice, and Parmesan in a bowl to blend. Toss the pasta with the lemon sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with chopped basil.


Lemon on Foodista

2 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious!I saw your blog from the foodie blog roll and I like what you have here.if you won't mind I'd love to guide Foodista readers to this post.Just add the foodista widget to the end of this post and it's all set, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I went ahead and added the widget!

    ReplyDelete