Friday, September 10, 2010

Gooey Bars


AKA Cream cheese bars

Although reading the ingredient list made me cringe a bit when I thought of all the calories, I couldn't resist making these. They sounded delicious and I was craving something sweet. I plan on sending half to work with the hubby so that I don't eat too many! I didn't bake mine for the full time because I prefer them a tad bit gooey!

This is another recipe was Beantown Baker. I really need to stop visiting her page because everything looks delicious and I just can't resist trying out her recipes!

1 box yellow cake mix
1/2 cup butter melted
3 eggs
1 lb powdered sugar
8 oz cream cheese

Mix cake mix, margarine, and 1 egg with a fork. Press into bottom of greased 9x13 pan. Set aside.

Beat powdered sugar, cream cheese, and 2 eggs for about 4 minutes. Pour over the cake mixture.

Bake at 350ยบ for 40 minutes (or a few minutes less if you want them gooey). Cool completely, cut into bars, and enjoy the gooeyness!


No comments:

Post a Comment