Saturday, October 1, 2011

Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese Sandwich


This may look like your average grilled cheese sandwich but inside there's a little sumthin sumthin. A nice little kick that takes your average grilled cheese sandwich up a few notches.


Buffalo chicken and mozzarella cheese. This was inspired by a picture I pinned from Foodgawker. Foodgawker is where I go when I'm hungry and I want to torture myself with pictures of delicious looking food that I have no intention of making because my closet doesn't contain the ingredients and I'm too lazy to go out and get them.

But, I had the ingredients for this one folks! I had planned on making buffalo chicken sandwiches and when I saw this I couldn't resist turning it into a grilled cheese. And it was good.

By the way, I'd just like to point out that this is the second thing from my Pinterest "Yum" board and therefore I have already crossed off two things from my 23 x 23 list which is about the progress I had made a month ago on my News Years Resolutions. I've got a good feeling about this list :)

Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Source: Foodgawker inspired

Your favorite recipe for buffalo chicken (I used this one prepared in the crock pot)
Mozzarella cheese
Blue cheese crumbles, optional (I didn't use any but I think it would definitely add to the sandwich)
sandwich bread
butter

Prepare your buffalo chicken. Spread butter on one side of a piece of bread. Place bread butter side down in a heated pan and top with mozzarella and blue cheese. Next, add a good amount of buffalo chicken on top of the cheese. Finally, top with another buttered slice of bread, butter side up. Grill until golden brown on both sides and cheese has melted (about 2 minutes per side). Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment