Thursday, October 27, 2011

A-1 Potatoes


When I blogged about the Peppery London Broil awhile back, I mentioned my love for A-1 sauce and the embarrassment my hubs suffers when I order it at restaurants. The above picture may not look very appetizing but there is some pure A-1 goodness on those potatoes. Normally, I do Worcestershire sauce but I decided to switch it up this time.

My parents came out a few weeks ago for a wonderful visit. We had green chile cheeseburgers one night and I made these potatoes to go along with it. I'm not the only A-1-aholic in my family-my older sister loves it as well. My parents aren't quite at the stage I'm at but they can definitely appreciate some A-1 sauce, especially on potatoes.

A-1 Potatoes
Source: Tyler's Taste Test Original

3 unpeeled potatoes, scrubbed and sliced thinly
3.5 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper
1/3 cup A-1 sauce
1 cup shredded cheese

Preheat oven to 450ยบ. Toss potatoes with olive oil, salt, and pepper in a ziplock bag. On a baking sheet lined with foil, arrange the potatoes in a single layer with as little overlapping as possible. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Brush the potatoes with A-1 sauce and then top with shredded cheese. Bake for another 3-5 minutes, or until the cheese melts. Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. I just drooled a little. Gonna have to try these!

    Did you make the move to TNH after TN closed down? I don't think I've seen you around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go for it! I didn't. I have been so busy with school and everything that I just haven't had much time. Plus, I took like a month break before it closed and I didn't recognize anyone when I came back. I'm not even sure what TNH is lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your old dad gives A-1 potatoes an A+!

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://tnh.proboards.com/index.cgi When they closed TN, someone made us a new forum so we could stay together. Almost everyone's there, and it's completely private. I also made a collection of all the recipes from TN before it closed. If you want a copy but don't want to sign up for TNH, let me know and I can get you one :)

    ReplyDelete