Friday, September 9, 2011

Peppery London Broil


If you ask my husband, he'll tell you that taking me to a fancy steakhouse is a waste of money. Mainly because I eat mine well done with a lot of A-1 steak sauce, which he considers a waste. He on the other hand likes his medium-rare (closer to rare) and considers A-1 an insult to steak. So the fanciest we get with our steak is a night at Outback where I order off the kid's menu and usually have to ask the waitress for a bottle of A-1 sauce cause the little cup she brought me won't cut it.

This was my first time making steak and if you can tell from the picture, I kept mine under the broiler almost double the time that Neil's cooked. We were also unfortunately without A-1 sauce so I had to enjoy the steak plain. And it wasn't too bad. I know that doesn't sound like the best endorsement but coming from me that's like an "A" rating. Neil thought it was delicious and has asked me to add steak to the menu more often!

Peppery London Broil
Source: Taste of Home Cookbook

1 beef flank steak (about 3/4 pound)
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 tsp seasoned salt
1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce

With a fork, poke holes in both sides of the meat. Make a paste with the garlic, seasoned salt, and red pepper flakes; rub over both sides of meat. Place the steak in resealable gallon-size plastic bag. Add Worcestershire sauce and refrigerate for at least four hours.

Remove meat from bag and discard marinade. Broil or grill over hot heat until meat reaches desired doneness, about 4-5 minutes per side. To serve slice thinly across the grain. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment