Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Creamy Iced Coffee


Neil loves coffee. Well, maybe not so much loves as needs coffee. Every night, I set the coffee machine to go off at 4 in the morning so when he stumbles into the kitchen his little shot of caffeine is waiting to wake him up. I'm not really a coffee person. I love the jolt of caffeine but the coffee taste doesn't do it for me. At least when it's hot. I love a frappuccino though.

Iced coffee is apparently the new thing. Or maybe the new thing is making coffee ice cubes to put into your iced coffee so you don't have to deal with the watery taste of melted ice cubes.

I'm trying to kick my daily coke habit (cola for those who don't know me at all), but I still need caffeine or else I get headaches. I know this isn't much better for me than coke in terms of sugar and calories and what not but I'm hoping it will help me at least not need to drink a can of coke everyday. And then I'll be an iced coffee addict. But at least I won't have to go out to one overpriced coffee place and pay $4.00+ for something I could just make at home!

The recipe below is how I take mine. Feel free to cut back on the amount of milk/sugar if you don't like yours overly sweet!

Creamy Iced Coffee
Source: Allrecipes

1 1/2 quarts brewed coffee, room temperature
1 cup milk
1 cup half and half cream
1/3 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract

In a pitcher, combine cooled coffee, milk, and half and half. Stir in sugar and vanilla extract. Chill in refrigerator until ready to serve. Serve over ice. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment