Thursday, March 3, 2011

Mozzarella and Feta Cheese Pizza


This pizza was inspired by my favorite Mediterranean restaurant and hookah bar in Atlanta: Cafe Istanbul. I started going there in high school with my older sister and I've seen it go from a tiny two room building to a much larger space with a VIP booth in the back. Most of the seating is on the floor with low tables and pillows. If you go during the weekend, there are belly dancers that come out every hour. It's so much fun. If you're ever in Atlanta, check it out.

As fun as the atmosphere is, the reason I go is for the food. Specifically, the Turkish Kayak Pizza. Its topped with mozzarella and feta gooeyness and is absolutely amazing. Me and the hubs can finish the whole thing by ourselves along with a hummus platter.

There's not really a recipe for this one, but the next time you decide to have pizza night in your house try this combination. You'll be hooked!

No comments:

Post a Comment