Friday, March 11, 2011

"Benchiladas"

Excuse the minor burntness of the picture that was a result of me misreading the oven temperature. Yep, yet another enchilada recipe. But this one is a must-make. I can't decide whether I prefer these from Annie's Eats or the Enchi-Ritos that I normally make. I've decided they are both my favorites since these are chicken and the enchi-ritos are beef. They aren't exactly your authentic enchilada recipe but they are delicious!

6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
8 oz reduced fat sour cream
8 oz Ranch salad dressing
flour tortillas (10-15)
jar of salsa
shredded mexican cheese

Cook chicken breats by preferred cooking method until cooked through. Set aside to cool.

While chicken is cooling, mix up the sauce. In a large bowl, combine half the sour cream and half of the Ranch dressing. In a small bowl combine the rest of the sour cream and ranch dressing. Stir both until well combined. Shred or chop the cooked chicken and add to the large bowl. Mix with sauce.

Preheat the oven to 375ยบ. Grease a 9x13 pan (I needed two). Take one tortilla and top with a little less than 1 tbsp of sauce from the small bowl. Spread over the tortilla in an even layer. Add some of the chicken mixture to the center of the tortilla. Top with salsa to taste. Sprinkle with shredded cheese. Roll up tortilla and place, seam side down, in the prepared baking dish. Repeat with remaining ingredients. I choose to use the remaining sauce to top on the enchiladas before I put them in the oven.

Bake for 25-30 minutes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment