Thursday, October 28, 2010

Roasted Chickpeas


I love chickpeas, also known as garbanzo beans. Normally I have them on my salad but when I saw this recipe on Cooking with Christen I had to try it. Overall, they were pretty tasty. There were a few that hadn't been completely cooked through so they were a little mushy on the insides which didn't suit my texture buds but the taste was delicious. I made half the can using the recipe as is and the other half I added salt, pepper, garlic, and a smidge of our popcorn seasoning salt. Both were delicious but I preferred the garlic ones over the cumin!

can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
2-3 tbsps of olive oil
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp cumin

Preheat oven to 425ยบ. Line a pan with aluminum foil and add the chickpeas. Roast for 10 minutes, then shake well. Roast another 10 minutes and remove from the oven.

Combine the chickpeas with the other ingredients. Toss well to coat. Spread back in baking pan and cook until very crunchy (this can take awhile). Check about every 10 minutes, shaking the pan when you do. Once they've reached the desired crunchiness, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment