Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Not Your Average Hamburger Helper...

One dish I was never a fan of growing up was Hamburger Helper. I don't know what it is about it; I just didn't like it. Luckily, my mom didn't serve it. My husband on the other hand loves hamburger helper. When I found this recipe on www.prissycook.com, I was reminded of HH but decided to give the homemade version a try. Most of the ingredients were in my pantry or refrigerator and it was a quick fix!

Creamy Taco Mac

1 lb ground beef
8 oz dry pasta, 1 cup reserved pasta water
1 can (14.5 oz) petite diced tomatoes
4 tbsp mild taco seasoning
3 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
salt and pepper
cheddar cheese (optional)

Bring a pot of salted water to boil and cook pasta. Reserve one cup of water. Over medium heat, brown ground beef until no longer pink. Add taco seasoning and diced tomatoes and cook over low heat for 4 minutes. Add cooked pasta, reserved water, cream cheese and sour cream. Stir until the cheeses are melted. Simmer over low heat for a few more minutes and then top with cheddar cheese and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment