Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Super Bowl- Are you ready?


I don't like football. Well, I can watch the Dawgs play any day but that's about it. It just kind of bores me if I don't know the team or anything about it. I do like the Super Bowl though. Mainly for the commercials. And the food. I love how everyone breaks out the grills and brings all the appetizers to a Super Bowl Party. Appetizers are just fun and usually always delicious. I am going to start a short little "series" on here with appetizers you could use for the Super Bowl. It will be called Super Bowl Saturdays and I'll be posting 2 different recipes each Saturday for you to try out for the Super Bowl.
This year we're taking a different approach to the Super Bowl, or should I say "Souper Bowl." :) I'll be making a variety of soups using my new three-piece crock pot to serve along with a buffet of toppers for the soup and some select appetizers. I'm really excited about this but I'm glad I'll be getting my appetizer fix with this little series!

Below are some appetizers I've already made that would be great to try out for the Super Bowl.

Dips
Texas Cavier-a cold dip made of a mixture of veggies and marinated in Zesty Italian
Rotel Dip-my favorite warm dip

Finger Foods
Baked Chicken Empanadas-You can make the filling ahead of time
Sausage Balls-these are good served warm or cold. You can make them in advance and then cook on the day of.
Pepperoni Pizza Puffs-best served warm
Mozzarella and Pesto Crescent Tarts-these are great served warm or cool
Meatballs with Peppers and Pineapples-Asian inspired meatballs. Use a toothpick to make into an appetizer

No comments:

Post a Comment