Saturday, January 7, 2012

Cheddar Bacon Ranch Pulls

One of the many things I love about my mom is how at ease she is with entertaining. I love having people over to our apartment for dinner or game nights but I'm usually a big stressball beforehand since I worry about everything. My mom, on the other hand, can host 10 people over for dinner with hardly any notice and have no problem with it.

She also doesn't stress about trying out a recipe before serving it to company. I like to make things beforehand so I can have a little taste test and give it my stamp of approval before I serve it to our guests. My mom sees something she wants to try and puts it on the menu for when we have company over.

She made this dish while I was back in Georgia when my in-laws came to dinner. I got my mom hooked on Pinterest awhile back and that's where she found this recipe. It was delicious and would make the perfect salty snack to serve the next time you have company over.

Cheddar Bacon Ranch Pulls
Source: Plain Chicken via Pinterest

1 unsliced loaf of sourdough bread (preferably round)
8-12 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
3 oz bag of bacon bits
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 tbsp Ranch dressing mix

Preheat oven to 350ยบ. Using an electric knife, cut the bread going both directions. Do not cut through the bottom crust. Place sprinkles of cheese in between cuts. Sprinkle the bacon bits on the bread, making sure to get in between cuts. Mix together butter and Ranch dressing mix. Pour over bread.

Wrap the entire loaf in foil and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 50 minutes. Unwrap and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment